Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Slopeside with Kathleen Baglio Humphreys: Ski area groomers work all night to make the trails their best - 0
- Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown - 0
- Mont Vernon man survives latest 'American Idol' cut - 0
- Superintendent named for SAU 19 - 0
- Air Refueling Wing members rally to help comrade's family - 0
- Snodeo offers a peek at latest snowmobile models - 0
- Anne Frank play planned - 0
- Fans still really glad to see John Ford Coley perform hits from '70s - 0
- PSU hosts high school jazz festival March 11 - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Superintendent named for SAU 19
Slopeside with Kathleen Baglio Humphreys: Ski area groomers work all night to make the trails their best
New Bedford town manager takes the helm
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief