Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band bring the funk to Plymouth - 0
- Governor Proclaims May 16-23 as Restaurant Week NH - 0
- 7th-grader's effort paves way for smoke-free beaches - 2
- Auburn native believes in faith and fashion - 0
- Forest Journal: Making the grade in the syrup biz - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers - 0
- Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore - 0
- Win tickets to see Cheap Trick - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Crabapple trees great for wildlife in winter - 0
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
Roger Simon: Hillary is sick - of the media
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity