Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Explaining a red blue jay spotted in New Hampshire - 0
- Mac & Cheese 10 Country Flavor Tour: America's Favorite Comfort Food Goes Global - 0
- Blizzard was last challenge for retiring Derry fire chief - 0
- Blizzard couldn't bury this year's Pond Hockey Classic - 0
- Slopeside: Proper ski boots should fit like a glove and make all the difference - 0
- NH moose hunt lottery is open - 0
- Stars of professional, community theater to be spotlighted - 0
- Bromberg, Hidalgo headlining at Plymouth venue - 0
- Have an appetite for family theater? Try 'Life on a Plate' - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
NH moose hunt lottery is open
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Enter to win tickets to see Nickelback
Bedford reprimands students for tweets critical of superintendent for not cancelling school Wednesday
Editorial: Scared of snow: Has NH gone soft?
Monarchs' move a 'growth opportunity'