Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Oh, come all ye faithful carolers - 0
- Negatives prove positive donation - 0
- 'Old-fashioned Christmas party' a hit with Nashua families - 0
- Cole's columns available in book form - 0
- What's open and closed on Christmas - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, water & Wildlife: There really oughta be more otters in NH - 0
- Secret Santa shines on Freemont's needy - 0
- Hooksett school officials see Pinkerton contract problem - 2
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Fond memories of helping 'Gramp' search for Grandmother Cole's Christmas tree - 0
Secret Santa shines on Freemont's needy
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Fond memories of helping 'Gramp' search for Grandmother Cole's Christmas tree
Josh Logan at British Beer Company
New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
NH ospreys survive S. American migration
Hedgehog Park work gets Salem board approval
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
State bracing for ice storm
UNH football success likely to raise money
Marketing NH: For profit and low taxes