Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fundraiser to help Lyndeborough assault victim - 0
- Derry to NASA: 'We've got a marketing problem' - 0
- Invasive beetle found near NH, Mass. border - 0
- Mural dream becomes an artistic reality in Nashua - 0
- Loeb School offers Social Media for Business July 18th - 0
- Prescott Park brings more than roots with The Lone Bellow - 0
- Mary Chapin Carpenter returns to Prescott Park - 0
- Time for Hunter Education! Last call for bowhunter-only program - 0
- Rock N Roll Women Take the Monkey Stage - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Invasive beetle found near NH, Mass. border
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man