Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- For those in need, New Horizons greenhouse changes everything - 0
- Dartmouth professor names 5 fun, creative stocking stuffers - 0
- Skiing and snowboarding are the tip of the resort iceberg at Bretton Woods - 0
- 'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge - 0
- Josh Logan at British Beer Company - 1
- All aboard! Santa Express pulling out for year's last trips - 0
- Kung Fu and Dopapod at Press Room - 0
- Take a peek at Rudders during holidays in Pontine puppet production - 0
- Holiday classic at Kingswood Arts Center - 0
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Josh Logan at British Beer Company
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow