Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett Council OKs Lilac Bridge removal - 0
- Hooksett police get OK to replace old weapons - 0
- Firefighters hope to rebuild family's burned home by Christmas - 0
- NH Club Briefs: CAR part of ceremony at of Tomb of Unknown Soldier - 0
- Community rallies around Enfield couple who lost home - 0
- Warm temps and rain delaying construction and opening of Lincoln ice castle - 0
- Revels North brings light, levity to year's shortest, darkest day - 0
- Todd Oliver will take the stage as part of a Hanukkah show - 0
- 'Charlie Brown' jazz riffs take center stage - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Pirate School
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs