Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spring a busy time on the Londonderry Rail Trail - 0
- Fish & Game Issues Warning about Life-threatening Polar Plunge Trend - 0
- Hooksett officials move to correct election error - 0
- Big deal in Goffstown over 'Stuart Little' - 0
- Hess seeks OK for store, gas station in Bedford - 0
- Salem students transform into historical characters - 0
- Renovation work continues at Salem elementary schools - 0
- AMC ready for start of 2014 season in NH's outdoors - 0
- There's fun to be had in cleaning up after a tough winter - 0
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers