Norovirus confirmed as what sickened Pawtuckaway campers
The camper who tested positive for the virus was among at least 20 campers who visited the state park over the weekend of Aug. 18 and Aug. 19 and suffered gastrointestinal symptoms.
Most norovirus outbreaks come from food, Montero said.
In response to the outbreak, the state Department of Environmental Services posted a "preemptive illness" advisory at the park for much of last week warning swimmers of potential illness, but the advisory was lifted Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Awaiting a boy's best friend in Windham - 0
- Salem schools consider kindergarten options - 0
- Retired nurse celebrates 106 years - 0
- NH Senior News: Children to bring Christmas caroling to Littleton area center - 0
- New Wolfeboro bakery seeks funds through crowsourcing, would provide jobs for those with developmental disabilities - 0
- SnowCoach makes winter majesty accessible - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
New Wolfeboro bakery seeks funds through crowsourcing, would provide jobs for those with developmental disabilities
SnowCoach makes winter majesty accessible
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'