Home » News » Public Safety
Man challenging evidence in boating death
Cable is accused of piloting his boat while intoxicated and causing his friend, Brendan Yerry, 28, of Hudson, to fall in the lake. Prosecutors said Yerry was struck by the boat’s drive and propeller, and had been straddling the boat’s bow or gunwales prior to falling.
Anderson said that Marine Patrol Officer Seth Alie had placed Cable in the back of a police cruiser, and was able to get Cable to talk by asking him how he was doing.
Anderson suggested that his client should have been read his rights and only spoke to Alie because the officer shared overcoming some of his own hardships in life.
Cable told the officer, “I want to kill myself, I have nothing to live for. Everyone is going to hate my. My girlfriend is going to leave me,” according to Blanchard.
“If Officer Alie did, in fact, ask (Cable) how he was doing, he should be commended,” Blanchard said in court papers. “Even more so if he attempted to ‘talk (him) off the ledge’ by distracting him with his own troubles.”
A judge has been scheduled to hear arguments Sept. 6 on the evidence. Cable is expected to go on trial the week of Dec. 16.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'