Home » News » Public Safety
Man challenging evidence in boating death
Cable is accused of piloting his boat while intoxicated and causing his friend, Brendan Yerry, 28, of Hudson, to fall in the lake. Prosecutors said Yerry was struck by the boat’s drive and propeller, and had been straddling the boat’s bow or gunwales prior to falling.
Anderson said that Marine Patrol Officer Seth Alie had placed Cable in the back of a police cruiser, and was able to get Cable to talk by asking him how he was doing.
Anderson suggested that his client should have been read his rights and only spoke to Alie because the officer shared overcoming some of his own hardships in life.
Cable told the officer, “I want to kill myself, I have nothing to live for. Everyone is going to hate my. My girlfriend is going to leave me,” according to Blanchard.
“If Officer Alie did, in fact, ask (Cable) how he was doing, he should be commended,” Blanchard said in court papers. “Even more so if he attempted to ‘talk (him) off the ledge’ by distracting him with his own troubles.”
A judge has been scheduled to hear arguments Sept. 6 on the evidence. Cable is expected to go on trial the week of Dec. 16.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 6
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's