School year off to smooth start in Derry
As he does at the start of each school day, Olsen began at 8:30 a.m. with an opening announcement that included some school news and recognition of birthdays. It was a fourth-grader’s birthday, and Olsen announced her name over the intercom.
“We really try to instill good, wholesome values,” Olsen said, adding “It’s a great community school.”
“If the rest of the year goes this smoothly, we’ll be in great shape,” Garofalo said.
“We just completed dismissal a few minutes ago and everything went amazingly well for the first day of school,” LaFleur said.
“The more you’re positive with children, the more they emulate those behaviors,” LaFleur said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another busy summer seen for I-93 construction - 2
- More in Keene paying for parking by cellphone - 0
- Feds to earmark $2M for bridge and road repairs in White Mountain National Forest - 0
- I-93 expansion moves forward in Windham as funding concerns are rising - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform