School year off to smooth start in Derry
As he does at the start of each school day, Olsen began at 8:30 a.m. with an opening announcement that included some school news and recognition of birthdays. It was a fourth-grader’s birthday, and Olsen announced her name over the intercom.
“We really try to instill good, wholesome values,” Olsen said, adding “It’s a great community school.”
“If the rest of the year goes this smoothly, we’ll be in great shape,” Garofalo said.
“We just completed dismissal a few minutes ago and everything went amazingly well for the first day of school,” LaFleur said.
“The more you’re positive with children, the more they emulate those behaviors,” LaFleur said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 5
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112