School year off to smooth start in Derry
As he does at the start of each school day, Olsen began at 8:30 a.m. with an opening announcement that included some school news and recognition of birthdays. It was a fourth-grader’s birthday, and Olsen announced her name over the intercom.
“We really try to instill good, wholesome values,” Olsen said, adding “It’s a great community school.”
“If the rest of the year goes this smoothly, we’ll be in great shape,” Garofalo said.
“We just completed dismissal a few minutes ago and everything went amazingly well for the first day of school,” LaFleur said.
“The more you’re positive with children, the more they emulate those behaviors,” LaFleur said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain