School year off to smooth start in Derry
As he does at the start of each school day, Olsen began at 8:30 a.m. with an opening announcement that included some school news and recognition of birthdays. It was a fourth-grader’s birthday, and Olsen announced her name over the intercom.
“We really try to instill good, wholesome values,” Olsen said, adding “It’s a great community school.”
“If the rest of the year goes this smoothly, we’ll be in great shape,” Garofalo said.
“We just completed dismissal a few minutes ago and everything went amazingly well for the first day of school,” LaFleur said.
“The more you’re positive with children, the more they emulate those behaviors,” LaFleur said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Study finds demand for Manchester-Concord public transit - 5
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
- Blasting for Spaulding Turnpike work to continue in Newington - 0
- Dover declares downtown parking ban on Wednesday - 0
- Road work hurdles remain in Milford - 2
- Cost estimates for replacing Sarah Mildred Long Bridge in Portsmouth higher than expected - 0
- NH DOT to unveil plans to replace New Castle-Rye span - 0
- Portsmouth bridge repairs to take six to eight weeks - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill