Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Sentencing date set for man convicted of assaulting officer
Stanley West, 41, will learn his punishment following a two-hour hearing on Sept. 30 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
West faces an enhanced penalty on three of the misdemeanor simple assault convictions because he attacked Deerfield police Officer Roger St. Onge while he was acting in the line of duty, according to prosecutors.
Prosecutors argued that West pummeled St. Onge on the night of Dec. 19 after the officer asked if he could come into West’s home to investigate the origin of the 911 call.
West’s defense relied on the state’s “use of force” law which allows homeowners to take “reasonable” action to defend their residence. West testified that no one at his home dialed 911 the night St. Onge responded to his house.
Prosecutors maintained that West’s actions went beyond the scope of the “use of force” law when he began punching St. Onge repeatedly in the head and then pursued him once the officer broke free and retreated.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax