Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
AG to alert defense in 3 murder cases
Young has identified three murder cases in which Seusing testified over the years subsequent to being disciplined and will soon make the disclosure to defense counsel. She declined to name the defendants convicted in those cases, adding they could now seek post-conviction relief from the court. County Attorney LaFrance said she didn't know in how many cases Seusing may have testified at the county level.
LaFrance wouldn't say whether Seusing has been placed on the highly secretive "Laurie list" of law enforcement officers with potential credibility issues. But Associate Attorney General Young said "that's a reasonable assumption."
"If the attorney general is doing it (disclosing in past cases involving Seusing), why wouldn't county attorneys have to do the same?" Temple asked, adding that he thought a number of criminal cases could be affected.
"The fact that in 2013 we are only now looking at the failure of a department to disclose potential impeachment material to a defendant over a period of 25 years underscores the lapse in the current Laurie disclosure system," Moir said.
Pappas said the fact that a judge 25 years ago in a first-degree murder trial found Seusing's discipline "inconsequential" and not admissible was "a pretty strong indication how that judge felt."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483