Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
AG to alert defense in 3 murder cases
Young has identified three murder cases in which Seusing testified over the years subsequent to being disciplined and will soon make the disclosure to defense counsel. She declined to name the defendants convicted in those cases, adding they could now seek post-conviction relief from the court. County Attorney LaFrance said she didn't know in how many cases Seusing may have testified at the county level.
LaFrance wouldn't say whether Seusing has been placed on the highly secretive "Laurie list" of law enforcement officers with potential credibility issues. But Associate Attorney General Young said "that's a reasonable assumption."
"If the attorney general is doing it (disclosing in past cases involving Seusing), why wouldn't county attorneys have to do the same?" Temple asked, adding that he thought a number of criminal cases could be affected.
"The fact that in 2013 we are only now looking at the failure of a department to disclose potential impeachment material to a defendant over a period of 25 years underscores the lapse in the current Laurie disclosure system," Moir said.
Pappas said the fact that a judge 25 years ago in a first-degree murder trial found Seusing's discipline "inconsequential" and not admissible was "a pretty strong indication how that judge felt."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483