Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
AG to alert defense in 3 murder cases
Young has identified three murder cases in which Seusing testified over the years subsequent to being disciplined and will soon make the disclosure to defense counsel. She declined to name the defendants convicted in those cases, adding they could now seek post-conviction relief from the court. County Attorney LaFrance said she didn't know in how many cases Seusing may have testified at the county level.
LaFrance wouldn't say whether Seusing has been placed on the highly secretive "Laurie list" of law enforcement officers with potential credibility issues. But Associate Attorney General Young said "that's a reasonable assumption."
"If the attorney general is doing it (disclosing in past cases involving Seusing), why wouldn't county attorneys have to do the same?" Temple asked, adding that he thought a number of criminal cases could be affected.
"The fact that in 2013 we are only now looking at the failure of a department to disclose potential impeachment material to a defendant over a period of 25 years underscores the lapse in the current Laurie disclosure system," Moir said.
Pappas said the fact that a judge 25 years ago in a first-degree murder trial found Seusing's discipline "inconsequential" and not admissible was "a pretty strong indication how that judge felt."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917