Boat access facility to Baxter Lake in Rochester reopens
CONCORD — The boat access facility on Baxter Lake in Rochester is again open to the public. Scheduled repairs on the boat ramp were completed ahead of schedule by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department. The lake's concrete boat ramp was lengthened to help alleviate problems previously experienced by boaters launching during periods of low water.
New Hampshire's Public Boat Access Program is funded through boat registration fees and federal Sport Fish and Wildlife Restoration funds.
Fish and Game's Facilities Construction and Lands Division acquires land for public water access sites, refurbishes existing sites and builds new public boat access areas.
For more information, go to www.wildnh.com/access.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.