Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua resident identified as victim of fatal bike accident
NASHUA — Police have identified the woman who died when her bicycle collided with a UPS tractor-trailer Friday night as city resident Christine Reeves.
Reeves, 46, of Nashua, was riding her bike around 5:40 p.m. on Friday near Jiffy Lube on Amherst Street. Police say she was traveling along an accessway to Celina Avenue when she drove her bike into the side of the moving tractor-trailer.
“There appears to be no wrongdoing on the part of the (truck) driver. Unfortunately, it appears she was at fault,” Lt. Denis Linehan said of Reeves.
At the time of the collision, the truck was traveling on Celina Avenue toward Amherst Street. The truck driver was aware of the accident and stopped his vehicle to assist Reeves, according to Linehan, who said a second witness also stopped to provided aid until medics arrived.
“The injuries were significant,” he added.
Linehan did not release the name of the truck driver involved.
“We are trying to keep him out of this as best we can,” said Linehan, stressing the truck driver was not at fault. The driver and UPS have been cooperative in the investigation, he said.
Reeves was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads