Greeley Park again eyed for Legacy Playground
Although the Board of Public Works is supporting Greeley Park, any major changes at the park would still need to be authorized by the Board of Aldermen, which will have the final say.
With more than $100,000 already raised to build Legacy Playground, organizers are hoping to have a location for the new play structure secured by the end of the summer.
“Their heart is set on Greeley Park,” Lozeau said of the organizers. While Lozeau acknowledged she is unsure whether she will ultimately support the newest site proposal at Greeley Park, she stressed it is worth exploring.
She did note that the land near the grills would be convenient since trees would not have to be removed, and parking and restroom facilities are already available. If this site was selected, she suggested that the old playground equipment on the other side be taken down, drainage problems corrected and additional trees planted.
Commissioner Timothy Lavoie said he is also pleased with the idea. Commissioner Tracy Pappas was the only board member who did not support pursuing Greeley Park as the future home. She was hoping to see a layout of what the facility would look like at a different site within the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Early summer rental benefit as winter takes its toll - 0
- Susan Dromey's Down to Earth: The winter of our fashion faux pas - 0
- Deb Baker's The Mindful Reader: 'The Half Brother': complex, thoughtful - 0
- Forest Journal: Winners & losers: Keeping score of wildlife in winter - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Ice fishing great under right conditions - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Thrush sighting brings rush of excitement - 0
- Win tickets to see Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo - 0
- Win tickets to see Black Label Society - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
Harrigan closes up camp
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Judge: State wrong to round blood-alcohol level; license of teen charged with hitting women restored
Donna Powers: NH needs casinos
Anthem breach will haunt NH 'forever'