Home » News » Public Safety
Greeley Park again eyed for Legacy Playground
Although the Board of Public Works is supporting Greeley Park, any major changes at the park would still need to be authorized by the Board of Aldermen, which will have the final say.
With more than $100,000 already raised to build Legacy Playground, organizers are hoping to have a location for the new play structure secured by the end of the summer.
“Their heart is set on Greeley Park,” Lozeau said of the organizers. While Lozeau acknowledged she is unsure whether she will ultimately support the newest site proposal at Greeley Park, she stressed it is worth exploring.
She did note that the land near the grills would be convenient since trees would not have to be removed, and parking and restroom facilities are already available. If this site was selected, she suggested that the old playground equipment on the other side be taken down, drainage problems corrected and additional trees planted.
Commissioner Timothy Lavoie said he is also pleased with the idea. Commissioner Tracy Pappas was the only board member who did not support pursuing Greeley Park as the future home. She was hoping to see a layout of what the facility would look like at a different site within the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shawn Colvin heads to Flying Monkey - 0
- Northeastern Ballet Theatre bring Snow White to Wolfeboro - 0
- Foundation of Frank Lloyd Wright's life, architecture examined - 0
- Rani Arbo and Daisy Mayhem to play Grand View Inn in Jaffrey - 0
- Rowe's Lane Quartet to open chamber series - 0
- Travis Tritt to play the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 0
- 'Stone Canvas' on display in Meredith - 0
- Rambling NE farmsteads subject of talk - 0
- Harpeth Rising will play the Shaskeen Pub - 0
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Bedford's South River Road plan laid out
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release