Greeley Park again eyed for Legacy Playground
Although the Board of Public Works is supporting Greeley Park, any major changes at the park would still need to be authorized by the Board of Aldermen, which will have the final say.
With more than $100,000 already raised to build Legacy Playground, organizers are hoping to have a location for the new play structure secured by the end of the summer.
“Their heart is set on Greeley Park,” Lozeau said of the organizers. While Lozeau acknowledged she is unsure whether she will ultimately support the newest site proposal at Greeley Park, she stressed it is worth exploring.
She did note that the land near the grills would be convenient since trees would not have to be removed, and parking and restroom facilities are already available. If this site was selected, she suggested that the old playground equipment on the other side be taken down, drainage problems corrected and additional trees planted.
Commissioner Timothy Lavoie said he is also pleased with the idea. Commissioner Tracy Pappas was the only board member who did not support pursuing Greeley Park as the future home. She was hoping to see a layout of what the facility would look like at a different site within the city.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Replicas of 19th century ships to sail off Seacoast - 0
- Goffstown considering grant application for rail trail project - 0
- Panel OKs auction house in Salem industrial district - 0
- Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour - 0
- Next sign-up begins Aug. 11 for community-supported fishery - 0
- Energy Commission lays out roadmap for improving efficiency - 0
- A taste of the Old West in Pelham at The Great Nor'easter - 0
- Salem board gives OK for expanded funeral home parking - 0
- Senior News: Lifelong Learning Institute plans fall class previews - 0
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail