Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: From Coos to the Sea, we've got NH covered
"From Coos to the Sea'' is a venerable Union Leader slogan that I still like. It's what we aim to do with every issue and with the UnionLeader.com breaking news site. We cover news statewide. (And just so Colebrook's John Harrigan won't yell at me, it's not pronounced "Coos like a baby coos.'' It's "Co-oss.'')
I hate it when a store runs out of our papers. But I love a good question, and that one prompted our circulation folks to show us a list of where the paper is available. It is, indeed, available from Coos to the sea. It is for sale at more than 1,500 outlets statewide. We have put the list on a map that you can access at www.UnionLeader.com/locator.
First and foremost, they help pay the bills so that we can provide the news and information content for you, from Coos to the sea.
Second, while advertisers pay a pretty penny for a note, they get a great spot for their message.
Here was a reader's online comment, which is a riff on a current TV ad.
"When you pay too much for cable, you become a town administrator. When you become a town administrator, you get naked. When you get naked, you invite a DirectTV salesman into your home to get naked. When you invite a DirectTV salesman into your home to get naked, he cries to the police. When he cries to the police, you get an arrest warrant. Don't get an arrest warrant. Get Xfinity."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Best act fast to get our book on NH history - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Happy day, veterans — you've earned it - 0
- Old Man, Sox curse gone, but love endures - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Dr. Stahl was a builder of his community - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A 'bit irked' that report has car facts wrong - 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: 'A pretty fine statewide newspaper' - 1
- Best leave 'the Moon,' Buddy's bagel alone - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: NASCAR, comics and question of the week - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: War photos and salty language - 20
READER COMMENTS: 22
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize