Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: From Coos to the Sea, we've got NH covered
"From Coos to the Sea'' is a venerable Union Leader slogan that I still like. It's what we aim to do with every issue and with the UnionLeader.com breaking news site. We cover news statewide. (And just so Colebrook's John Harrigan won't yell at me, it's not pronounced "Coos like a baby coos.'' It's "Co-oss.'')
I hate it when a store runs out of our papers. But I love a good question, and that one prompted our circulation folks to show us a list of where the paper is available. It is, indeed, available from Coos to the sea. It is for sale at more than 1,500 outlets statewide. We have put the list on a map that you can access at www.UnionLeader.com/locator.
First and foremost, they help pay the bills so that we can provide the news and information content for you, from Coos to the sea.
Second, while advertisers pay a pretty penny for a note, they get a great spot for their message.
Here was a reader's online comment, which is a riff on a current TV ad.
"When you pay too much for cable, you become a town administrator. When you become a town administrator, you get naked. When you get naked, you invite a DirectTV salesman into your home to get naked. When you invite a DirectTV salesman into your home to get naked, he cries to the police. When he cries to the police, you get an arrest warrant. Don't get an arrest warrant. Get Xfinity."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 3
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 66
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 17
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it