Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats' McGuire continues hot streak as NH keeps playoff hopes alive
McGuire, 5-9 before the month began, has gone 4-0 since, including Sunday's impressive outing. He retired the first 18 Reading batters he faced, and Kenny Wilson and Jack Murphy collected three hits apiece to lead New Hampshire past the Fightin' Phils, 7-3, at FirstEnergy Stadium.
New Hampshire scored single runs in the fourth and sixth innings on a pair of sacrifice flies, by Kevin Ahrens and John Tolisano. The Fisher Cats busted it open with a three-spot in the seventh. Ryan Schimpf led off with a double and scored on a triple by Murphy. Lance Zawadzky followed with a sac fly. Wilson followed with a solo homer.
Alan Farina hurled the final 1 1/3 innings for his seventh save.
The Fishers were initially scheduled to face Roy Halladay, on a rehab assignment, on Sunday. But when the Phillies used 11 pitchers in Saturday night's 18-inning, 12-7 win over Arizona — including Sunday's scheduled starter, Tyler Cloyd — Halladay went to Philly on Sunday and pitched (and won).
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0