Home » News » Public Safety
Four suffer 'minor smoke inhalation' in Hampton fire
Hampton Fire Capt. John Stevens said the residents were taken to Exeter Hospital for minor smoke inhalation, but were not seriously hurt in the fire at 29 Josephine Drive.
The fire was first reported by several neighbors who called 911; some reported an odor of smoke, others said the home appeared to be on fire.
Residents of the home were alerted by smoke detectors in the building. The ranch home had an addition that Stevens said was only a couple years old.
Fire companies from Rye, Exeter, North Hampton, Hampton Falls, Portsmouth and Seabrook responded to Hampton to provide assistance at the fire scene or provided coverage for the working Hampton crews.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate