Home » News » Public Safety
Four suffer 'minor smoke inhalation' in Hampton fire
Hampton Fire Capt. John Stevens said the residents were taken to Exeter Hospital for minor smoke inhalation, but were not seriously hurt in the fire at 29 Josephine Drive.
The fire was first reported by several neighbors who called 911; some reported an odor of smoke, others said the home appeared to be on fire.
Residents of the home were alerted by smoke detectors in the building. The ranch home had an addition that Stevens said was only a couple years old.
Fire companies from Rye, Exeter, North Hampton, Hampton Falls, Portsmouth and Seabrook responded to Hampton to provide assistance at the fire scene or provided coverage for the working Hampton crews.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'