Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid hearing to air questions
After this meeting, Chairman Jim Varnum said, the commission should be able to begin drafting its recommendations, which have to be finalized by Oct. 15. Varnum said the committee will call back state officials and hear from other parties as its work on details proceeds.
Hospitals want Medicaid eligibility expanded under the Affordable Care Act. If the state decides to expand eligibility, health care providers - mostly hospitals - will receive $2.4 billion from the federal government over the next seven years.
Groups supporting expansion are also expected to turn out for the meeting, scheduled to run from 1 to 4 p.m.
Morse has lined up support from nearly all the Senate Republicans, who hold a 13-11 edge over Democrats in the body.
The big unknown is what the Democrats will do. Are they willing to cut a deal with a Republican or two to forge an unholy alliance to control Senate leadership?
The Senate has taken a bit of a beating since Senate President Peter Bragdon announced two weeks ago he would become the Local Government Center's new executive director. The controversy grew, and by last Friday, Bragdon had announced he would step down as president.
"With your help we can make a difference," she wrote.
Labor Day Breakfast: Gov. Maggie Hassan and U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen will speak at the New Hampshire AFL-CIO 2013 Labor Breakfast on Sept. 2 at St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Hanover Street, Manchester.
"Working men and women and middle-class families took the brunt of the recent economic recession, and many of the good jobs with living wages we lost during the downturn have not returned to New Hampshire," said NH AFL-CIO President Mark MacKenzie. "We use the tradition of Labor Day to honor the extraordinary contribution that ordinary working people make to New Hampshire's economic growth and the quality of life in our communities."
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Battle likely on expanding Medicaid eligibility - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: All Medicaid expansion, all the time in Concord - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Lawmakers tackle expanding Medicaid eligibility under Obamacare - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Highway funding a never-ending battle - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Expect new smoking ban debate - 7
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid panel set to be heard - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Common ground eyed on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Committee's challenge: how to accept Medicaid money - 2
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Recurring issues on 2014 agenda - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race