Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid hearing to air questions
After this meeting, Chairman Jim Varnum said, the commission should be able to begin drafting its recommendations, which have to be finalized by Oct. 15. Varnum said the committee will call back state officials and hear from other parties as its work on details proceeds.
Hospitals want Medicaid eligibility expanded under the Affordable Care Act. If the state decides to expand eligibility, health care providers - mostly hospitals - will receive $2.4 billion from the federal government over the next seven years.
Groups supporting expansion are also expected to turn out for the meeting, scheduled to run from 1 to 4 p.m.
Morse has lined up support from nearly all the Senate Republicans, who hold a 13-11 edge over Democrats in the body.
The big unknown is what the Democrats will do. Are they willing to cut a deal with a Republican or two to forge an unholy alliance to control Senate leadership?
The Senate has taken a bit of a beating since Senate President Peter Bragdon announced two weeks ago he would become the Local Government Center's new executive director. The controversy grew, and by last Friday, Bragdon had announced he would step down as president.
"With your help we can make a difference," she wrote.
Labor Day Breakfast: Gov. Maggie Hassan and U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen will speak at the New Hampshire AFL-CIO 2013 Labor Breakfast on Sept. 2 at St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Hanover Street, Manchester.
"Working men and women and middle-class families took the brunt of the recent economic recession, and many of the good jobs with living wages we lost during the downturn have not returned to New Hampshire," said NH AFL-CIO President Mark MacKenzie. "We use the tradition of Labor Day to honor the extraordinary contribution that ordinary working people make to New Hampshire's economic growth and the quality of life in our communities."
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: State revenue picture still unclear until later this year - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Buffer zone ruling by U.S. Supreme Court fuels abortion feud - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Democrats and Republicans parties round out their next tickets in NH - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: NH legislative session winding to a close - 1
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Saying goodbye - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: So many NH legislative bills get left at the roadside - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Medicaid tax debate may linger into summer - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Lawmakers enter 'crunch time' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time for fixing Medicaid tax woes - 1
Garry Rayno's State House Dome: NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount WashingtonREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality; Third officer suspended, lieutenant demoted - 0
- Nashua woman faces negligent homicide charge in homeless man’s hit-and-run death - 0
- UPDATED: House Speaker joins petition drive backing Market Basket workers - 0
- Large protest at Tilton Market Basket; Delivery truck left unloaded - 3
- Basement blaze extinguished in Derry - 0
- On Baseball: Fishers' Ochinko gets his chance - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 21
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
Litchfield man charged with porn possession
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality; Third officer suspended, lieutenant demoted
NH lawmakers back Market Basket boycott
UNH No. 1 in conference poll
Celebrations for Abby on hold
State House Dome » Events
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507