Home » Sports » Sports Columns
John Habib's City Sports: Boxing, running for causes
In her quest to raise money to fight cancer, Pariseau is staging the fifth annual Friends Fighting Cancer 5K race through the historic Millyard. The race is set for Sunday, Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. and proceeds will be donated to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Norris Cotton Cancer Center. Pariseau said last year's race raised over $15,000.
"Last year we had 300 registrants and we're hoping for 400 this year," she said. "We have a set a goal to raise $30,000. The money raised supports patient services and clinical trials here in New Hampshire."
A free 400-meter race at 11 a.m. for kids along with a post-race party featuring food and music will also be offered to all.
For more information, call 703-6955 or visit online at Friends5K.org.
Stephen, currently in his 40th year as the chairman of the New Hampshire Boxing and Wrestling Commission, said he's planning to have three professional and three amateur fights on the card this year. O'Connor, a 2008 United States Olympic Team alternate who hails from Framingham, Mass., is 21-1 with seven knockout decisions.
A black tie dinner at 5:30 p.m. is planned before the bouts begin. VIP tables of eight can be reserved for $1,000.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child