Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Sox fall to Dodgers, now tied with Tampa atop AL East
Nolasco (10-9) surrendered two hits and did not walk a batter while striking out six in eight innings to improve to 4-0 in his last five starts.
Kenley Jansen retired the side in the ninth to secure his 22nd save.
Carl Crawford burned his former team with two hits, two stolen bases and a run scored for the Dodgers, who have won four in a row to push their lead in the National League West to 10 1/2 games over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Red Sox slipped into a tie with the Tampa Bay Rays for first place in the American League East.
Lackey (8-11) allowed three hits and did not walk a batter while pitching a complete game.
The right-hander retired the first nine hitters before Crawford singled leading off the fourth. Ramirez followed three batters later and drove an 0-1 fastball out to right-center to provide all the scoring.
Dustin Pedroia and Stephen Drew singled for Boston, which has dropped six of nine.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Los Angeles 1B Adrian Gonzalez, who went 0-for-3 with a strikeout, was facing the Red Sox for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers just under a year ago. ... Boston RHP Ryan Dempster, who is sitting out a five-game suspension for intentionally throwing at New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez, is actually expected to get 11 days between starts as the team shuffles its rotation around upcoming off days. ... Beloved Dodgers announcer Vin Scully will return in 2014 for his 65th season with the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list