Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Sox fall to Dodgers, now tied with Tampa atop AL East
Nolasco (10-9) surrendered two hits and did not walk a batter while striking out six in eight innings to improve to 4-0 in his last five starts.
Kenley Jansen retired the side in the ninth to secure his 22nd save.
Carl Crawford burned his former team with two hits, two stolen bases and a run scored for the Dodgers, who have won four in a row to push their lead in the National League West to 10 1/2 games over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Red Sox slipped into a tie with the Tampa Bay Rays for first place in the American League East.
Lackey (8-11) allowed three hits and did not walk a batter while pitching a complete game.
The right-hander retired the first nine hitters before Crawford singled leading off the fourth. Ramirez followed three batters later and drove an 0-1 fastball out to right-center to provide all the scoring.
Dustin Pedroia and Stephen Drew singled for Boston, which has dropped six of nine.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Los Angeles 1B Adrian Gonzalez, who went 0-for-3 with a strikeout, was facing the Red Sox for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers just under a year ago. ... Boston RHP Ryan Dempster, who is sitting out a five-game suspension for intentionally throwing at New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez, is actually expected to get 11 days between starts as the team shuffles its rotation around upcoming off days. ... Beloved Dodgers announcer Vin Scully will return in 2014 for his 65th season with the team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council