Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Sox fall to Dodgers, now tied with Tampa atop AL East
Nolasco (10-9) surrendered two hits and did not walk a batter while striking out six in eight innings to improve to 4-0 in his last five starts.
Kenley Jansen retired the side in the ninth to secure his 22nd save.
Carl Crawford burned his former team with two hits, two stolen bases and a run scored for the Dodgers, who have won four in a row to push their lead in the National League West to 10 1/2 games over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Red Sox slipped into a tie with the Tampa Bay Rays for first place in the American League East.
Lackey (8-11) allowed three hits and did not walk a batter while pitching a complete game.
The right-hander retired the first nine hitters before Crawford singled leading off the fourth. Ramirez followed three batters later and drove an 0-1 fastball out to right-center to provide all the scoring.
Dustin Pedroia and Stephen Drew singled for Boston, which has dropped six of nine.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Los Angeles 1B Adrian Gonzalez, who went 0-for-3 with a strikeout, was facing the Red Sox for the first time since being traded to the Dodgers just under a year ago. ... Boston RHP Ryan Dempster, who is sitting out a five-game suspension for intentionally throwing at New York Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez, is actually expected to get 11 days between starts as the team shuffles its rotation around upcoming off days. ... Beloved Dodgers announcer Vin Scully will return in 2014 for his 65th season with the team.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 3
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child