Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth motorcyclist dies in Rollinsford crash
John P. Ray, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The accident happened around 1:20 a.m. in the area of 150 Rollins Road. A passing motorist spotted the motorcycle off the road and started to dial 911 when the on-duty officer happened to be traveling by. Both the officer and motorist attempted to resuscitate the man using CPR.
The road was closed for about five hours while police investigated.
Authorities are trying to determine Ray's whereabouts before the crash. Anyone with information is asked to call Lt. Jonathan Uraskevich at 742-8549, ext 302.
The accident remains under investigation by the Rollinsford police and the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire