Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth motorcyclist dies in Rollinsford crash
John P. Ray, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The accident happened around 1:20 a.m. in the area of 150 Rollins Road. A passing motorist spotted the motorcycle off the road and started to dial 911 when the on-duty officer happened to be traveling by. Both the officer and motorist attempted to resuscitate the man using CPR.
The road was closed for about five hours while police investigated.
Authorities are trying to determine Ray's whereabouts before the crash. Anyone with information is asked to call Lt. Jonathan Uraskevich at 742-8549, ext 302.
The accident remains under investigation by the Rollinsford police and the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
- I-93 crash under investigation - 0
- Body of missing NH man found in Vermont - 0
- Police seeking heroin epidemic answers - 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
- Ice-out on WInnipesaukee expected by late next week - 0
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start