Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth motorcyclist dies in Rollinsford crash
John P. Ray, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The accident happened around 1:20 a.m. in the area of 150 Rollins Road. A passing motorist spotted the motorcycle off the road and started to dial 911 when the on-duty officer happened to be traveling by. Both the officer and motorist attempted to resuscitate the man using CPR.
The road was closed for about five hours while police investigated.
Authorities are trying to determine Ray's whereabouts before the crash. Anyone with information is asked to call Lt. Jonathan Uraskevich at 742-8549, ext 302.
The accident remains under investigation by the Rollinsford police and the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus