Home » News » Public Safety
Somersworth motorcyclist dies in Rollinsford crash
John P. Ray, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The accident happened around 1:20 a.m. in the area of 150 Rollins Road. A passing motorist spotted the motorcycle off the road and started to dial 911 when the on-duty officer happened to be traveling by. Both the officer and motorist attempted to resuscitate the man using CPR.
The road was closed for about five hours while police investigated.
Authorities are trying to determine Ray's whereabouts before the crash. Anyone with information is asked to call Lt. Jonathan Uraskevich at 742-8549, ext 302.
The accident remains under investigation by the Rollinsford police and the Strafford County Technical Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Expectant couple's deaths in Lebanon crash probed - 0
- AG finds no new criminal conduct for ex-New London police chief - 1
- Newington accident victim succumbs to her injuries - 0
- Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High - 0
- I-293 North ramp reopens in Manchester - 1
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 5
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072