Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
2 sobriety checkpoints in Portsmouth net 8 arrests
Jodie M. Tarisa, 37, of Salem, Mass., was arrested after failing to obey state troopers to stop at one checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike. She was stopped a short time later on the turnpike near Gosling Road, where she was arrested for driving while intoxicated and disobeying an officer.
State troopers stopped and screened 408 vehicles between 10 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
Others arrested were: Brenden D. Mahoney, 27, of Somersworth, and Corey R. Johnson, 22 of Bow, each for DWI; Douglas McQuade, 54, of Durham, for reckless operation; Tommy Margenos, 22 of Farmington, for operating after suspension, bench warrant; and Daniel V. Malonson, 33, of Reading, Mass., for operating after suspension.
All were given an Oct. 3 arraignment date in the 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth Division.
Meanwhile, Portsmouth police screened 273 drivers between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday at a separate checkpoint on Market Street, outbound near the New Hampshire Port Authority.
Arrested for DWI were Steven Allen Hart, 57, of 181 Kearsarge Way, Portsmouth; and Taylor Holton, 23, of South Berwick, Maine.
Both were released on $750 personal recognizance bail and are scheduled for arraignment Sept. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917