Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
2 sobriety checkpoints in Portsmouth net 8 arrests
Jodie M. Tarisa, 37, of Salem, Mass., was arrested after failing to obey state troopers to stop at one checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike. She was stopped a short time later on the turnpike near Gosling Road, where she was arrested for driving while intoxicated and disobeying an officer.
State troopers stopped and screened 408 vehicles between 10 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
Others arrested were: Brenden D. Mahoney, 27, of Somersworth, and Corey R. Johnson, 22 of Bow, each for DWI; Douglas McQuade, 54, of Durham, for reckless operation; Tommy Margenos, 22 of Farmington, for operating after suspension, bench warrant; and Daniel V. Malonson, 33, of Reading, Mass., for operating after suspension.
All were given an Oct. 3 arraignment date in the 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth Division.
Meanwhile, Portsmouth police screened 273 drivers between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday at a separate checkpoint on Market Street, outbound near the New Hampshire Port Authority.
Arrested for DWI were Steven Allen Hart, 57, of 181 Kearsarge Way, Portsmouth; and Taylor Holton, 23, of South Berwick, Maine.
Both were released on $750 personal recognizance bail and are scheduled for arraignment Sept. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917