Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
2 sobriety checkpoints in Portsmouth net 8 arrests
Jodie M. Tarisa, 37, of Salem, Mass., was arrested after failing to obey state troopers to stop at one checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike. She was stopped a short time later on the turnpike near Gosling Road, where she was arrested for driving while intoxicated and disobeying an officer.
State troopers stopped and screened 408 vehicles between 10 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
Others arrested were: Brenden D. Mahoney, 27, of Somersworth, and Corey R. Johnson, 22 of Bow, each for DWI; Douglas McQuade, 54, of Durham, for reckless operation; Tommy Margenos, 22 of Farmington, for operating after suspension, bench warrant; and Daniel V. Malonson, 33, of Reading, Mass., for operating after suspension.
All were given an Oct. 3 arraignment date in the 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth Division.
Meanwhile, Portsmouth police screened 273 drivers between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday at a separate checkpoint on Market Street, outbound near the New Hampshire Port Authority.
Arrested for DWI were Steven Allen Hart, 57, of 181 Kearsarge Way, Portsmouth; and Taylor Holton, 23, of South Berwick, Maine.
Both were released on $750 personal recognizance bail and are scheduled for arraignment Sept. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 30
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 0
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424