Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
2 sobriety checkpoints in Portsmouth net 8 arrests
Jodie M. Tarisa, 37, of Salem, Mass., was arrested after failing to obey state troopers to stop at one checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike. She was stopped a short time later on the turnpike near Gosling Road, where she was arrested for driving while intoxicated and disobeying an officer.
State troopers stopped and screened 408 vehicles between 10 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
Others arrested were: Brenden D. Mahoney, 27, of Somersworth, and Corey R. Johnson, 22 of Bow, each for DWI; Douglas McQuade, 54, of Durham, for reckless operation; Tommy Margenos, 22 of Farmington, for operating after suspension, bench warrant; and Daniel V. Malonson, 33, of Reading, Mass., for operating after suspension.
All were given an Oct. 3 arraignment date in the 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth Division.
Meanwhile, Portsmouth police screened 273 drivers between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday at a separate checkpoint on Market Street, outbound near the New Hampshire Port Authority.
Arrested for DWI were Steven Allen Hart, 57, of 181 Kearsarge Way, Portsmouth; and Taylor Holton, 23, of South Berwick, Maine.
Both were released on $750 personal recognizance bail and are scheduled for arraignment Sept. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917