Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
2 sobriety checkpoints in Portsmouth net 8 arrests
Jodie M. Tarisa, 37, of Salem, Mass., was arrested after failing to obey state troopers to stop at one checkpoint on the Spaulding Turnpike. She was stopped a short time later on the turnpike near Gosling Road, where she was arrested for driving while intoxicated and disobeying an officer.
State troopers stopped and screened 408 vehicles between 10 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday.
Others arrested were: Brenden D. Mahoney, 27, of Somersworth, and Corey R. Johnson, 22 of Bow, each for DWI; Douglas McQuade, 54, of Durham, for reckless operation; Tommy Margenos, 22 of Farmington, for operating after suspension, bench warrant; and Daniel V. Malonson, 33, of Reading, Mass., for operating after suspension.
All were given an Oct. 3 arraignment date in the 10th Circuit Court, Portsmouth Division.
Meanwhile, Portsmouth police screened 273 drivers between 10:30 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Saturday at a separate checkpoint on Market Street, outbound near the New Hampshire Port Authority.
Arrested for DWI were Steven Allen Hart, 57, of 181 Kearsarge Way, Portsmouth; and Taylor Holton, 23, of South Berwick, Maine.
Both were released on $750 personal recognizance bail and are scheduled for arraignment Sept. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424