Going for three in a row
Central welcomes challenge
Two-time defending state champion and the winner of three out of four Division I titles, Central will attempt to secure a third consecutive plaque. Only Exeter (from 2001 to 2003) has ever done that in the large-school ranks.
“We want to be prepared for the intensity of our season. Every team is going to give us their best,” LaBerge said. “If we’re on the road, they’re going to have their biggest crowd. It’s a lot more pressure, but it’s exciting.”
“We don’t want to approach it as a negative. It’s more exciting for us. Every game is almost a tournament game. It has that feel,” LaBerge said. “It’s a benefit for us because by the time that tournament rolls around, we’ve been tested throughout the year. I think it makes us stronger in the long run.”
All-State picks Sam Binogono and Keegan LaBerge (coach’s son) will return for their senior seasons looking to win their third state title.
Central opens the season a week from today against Merrimack at Southern New Hampshire University.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice