Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Bucs win on another Locke off-night
The need for runs intensified Thursday, when Conway, N.H.'s Jeff Locke took the mound. This is second-half Jeff Locke we're talking about, not the man who put up All-Star numbers through June but the one who struggled with his walk rate since the break.
The Pirates scored at least 10 runs for the sixth time this season and the first time since June 28 against the Milwaukee Brewers.
"I've pitched on the edge all season," said Locke, who noted that he hasn't changed his approach.
Jeanmar Gomez earned the win with three scoreless innings of relief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis playground effort gains community support - 0
- Kid Zenith members working to make a difference - 0
- Family with special needs students struggles with move - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH