Home » News » Public Safety
State police seek hit-and-run driver in Nashua motorcycle crash
New Hampshire State Police are investigating the crash that happened about 10:30 a.m. Thursday on the on-ramp for Exit 5.
Theodore Takacs, 78, of Nashua, was on his motorcycle, heading down the Exit 5 northbound on ramp to go onto the highway when witnesses said he was passed by a black Chevrolet SUV.
The SUV hit the motorcycle, which rolled over and ended up on the shoulder of the ramp.
Tackacs was ejected and suffered severe head injuries. He was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, but later taken by helicopter to a Boston area hospital for further treatment.
The SUV did not stop. Police are asking the public for help in locating it and the driver. The SUV should have scrape marks and paint transfer on its passenger side, according to state police.
Anyone with information about the crash should call Trooper L. Paul Lundt of Troop B in Bedford at 223-8668.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll