Home » News » Public Safety
State police seek hit-and-run driver in Nashua motorcycle crash
New Hampshire State Police are investigating the crash that happened about 10:30 a.m. Thursday on the on-ramp for Exit 5.
Theodore Takacs, 78, of Nashua, was on his motorcycle, heading down the Exit 5 northbound on ramp to go onto the highway when witnesses said he was passed by a black Chevrolet SUV.
The SUV hit the motorcycle, which rolled over and ended up on the shoulder of the ramp.
Tackacs was ejected and suffered severe head injuries. He was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, but later taken by helicopter to a Boston area hospital for further treatment.
The SUV did not stop. Police are asking the public for help in locating it and the driver. The SUV should have scrape marks and paint transfer on its passenger side, according to state police.
Anyone with information about the crash should call Trooper L. Paul Lundt of Troop B in Bedford at 223-8668.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth