Home » News » Public Safety
State police seek hit-and-run driver in Nashua motorcycle crash
New Hampshire State Police are investigating the crash that happened about 10:30 a.m. Thursday on the on-ramp for Exit 5.
Theodore Takacs, 78, of Nashua, was on his motorcycle, heading down the Exit 5 northbound on ramp to go onto the highway when witnesses said he was passed by a black Chevrolet SUV.
The SUV hit the motorcycle, which rolled over and ended up on the shoulder of the ramp.
Tackacs was ejected and suffered severe head injuries. He was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, but later taken by helicopter to a Boston area hospital for further treatment.
The SUV did not stop. Police are asking the public for help in locating it and the driver. The SUV should have scrape marks and paint transfer on its passenger side, according to state police.
Anyone with information about the crash should call Trooper L. Paul Lundt of Troop B in Bedford at 223-8668.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal