Bicyclist reported killed in collision with tractor-trailer in Nashua
NASHUA — A woman died Friday when her bicycle was hit by a UPS tractor-trailer at the intersection of Amherst Street and Celina Avenue, according to reports.
"There was a serious motor vehicle accident," said Nashua Police Sgt. Brian Kenny. "It's an active police investigation and that's all the information we can release."
Kenny would not confirm reports the woman died.
Celina Avenue was closed to traffic and pedestrians as police examined the UPS truck, which was pulled to the side with the front hood open.
Kenny said he expected a full report of the accident to be released Saturday morning after police complete an investigation.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.